"Play To Your Strengths"—A Songwriting Residency Program for Elementary Schools
The Residency Program:
It is a joy for singer-songwriters John Hadden and Matthew Witten to write and perform songs with kids! Our songwriting residency, “Play to Your Strengths”, consists of five full days in your elementary school, usually over two weeks. The product of the residency is one song completed by each class. The culmination is an assembly showcasing performances of each class’s song accompanied by John and Matt. Afterwards, we provide the school with a compact disc containing all the students’ performances. We meet with up to eight classes per day during the residency.
We strive to involve every student in an engaging, fun and collective songwriting experience that draws from their current areas of study, digging deep to bring out the natural creative gifts that live in each student.
The “Play to Your Strengths” Residency includes:
- Consultation with teachers prior to residency to determine song subject
- Five days of in-classroom songrwriting sessions (up to 8 classrooms a day)
- Final concert performance including entire school community
- Master quality CD recording of the concert performance. Schools may make unlimited copies of the CD for distribution and sale.
- $3,150 plus mileage for up to 8 classes
- One additional class may be added for an additional $400
If you're interested in our songwriting residency, please contact us for more detailed information.